Broken Bridges.
I watch movies - Movies that tug hard at my heartstrings to remind me that there is more to the world and life than I think I know. And they are the ones that make me bawl, literally.
A Walk To Remember, The Lake House, The Guardian, Elizabethtown, Broken Bridges.
Broken Bridges being the newest addition showed me life as reality, for real. It was so real because I know of people experiencing and battling with the same issues. And it hurt knowing that they had to go through that kind of pain.
I'm never going to feel their pain the way they feel it, but I've felt and shared just a fraction of it. It almost felt like God was playing a trick on my heart and succeeding. Okay, God won, I have to admit and I can't deny.
The movie launched in 2006, but the meaning it drives home and the raw emotions that are triggered are.. real. People have hearts, that beat. And for everyday it beats, emotions are never left out.
The show spoke about so many things - Family, escapism, deep wounds and scars, hurt, pain, emotion, being left behind, reconciliation. The most amazing part was, the word broken.
"Running was the best and only thing I knew how to do."
- Bo Price
God whispered to me this week whilst in a phone call with someone,
"You can run, but your heart won't heal. You can hurt your body, but your spirit won't heal."
They fit. They respond to each other. And I submitted to it, completely.
I may not be broken but I am and can be broken for others, for God.
I don't know if the tears say enough or if the heartaches prove enough, but I will keep trusting until broken becomes breakthrough.
To those who are breaking or already broken, here's something for you:
"Hitting walls and getting scars, only makes you who you are.
No matter how much your heart is aching, there is beauty in the breaking."
You're not alone.
I pray that you'd be able to say, "I have crossed some broken bridges in my time."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home